Freedom house began as Lovell Heights Church of God when a small group of people began meeting in a log cabin in 1982. The vision was simple, but powerful:
to make Jesus know to a West Knoxville community that consisted of mainly farm land and residential properties. The church moved to its current site off Lovell Rd. in 1987
and built a portion of the current facility.
As the church grew, the facility explained to include an expanded sanctuary, several new classrooms and spaced for children and student ministries.
In 2009, the decision was made to relaunch the church as Freedom House in order to refocus the vision and mission of the church.
Who We Are:
We are a Spirit-filled, Pentecostal church that strives to follow biblical truths in worship and service to our lord. Our desire is to allow the leading of the Holy Spirit to guide our daily walk to serve the mission God has called us to.
Why We Exist:
We exist to help people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Our Vision: We desire to be a strong, vibrant, multi-site, pentecostal church; Christ-centered; exuberant in worship; meeting the needs of the community; crossing cultural, generational and gender divides through the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Following is a list of our core beliefs. Everything that we do or take part in flows from these core beliefs. They are in no order and all hold the same value.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
To reach ALL people at the point of their need.
Want to worship with us?
We would love to have you come and visit our church for one of our worship services! Click the button and let us know you are coming!